The SPECTRAN series are a highly valuable tool for engineers performing EMC evaluation testing and testing for RF interference.
Aaronia have spectrum analyser models for frequency coverage up to 9.4GHz the following information is for the HF-4040 4GHz unit.
Technical Data for the Aaronia HF-4040 handheld Spectrum Analyser:
- Frequency range: 100MHz to 4GHz
- Amplitude: -90dBm to 0dBm (typ.)
- Lowest sample time: 100mS
- Resolution (RBW): 100kHz to 50MHz
- Units: dBm, dBµV, V/m, A/m, W/m²
(dBµV/m, W/cm² etc. via PC software)
- Detectors: RMS, Pulse
- Input: 50 Ohm SMA RF-input (f)
- Accuracy: +/- 3dB (typ.)
- Interface: USB 2.0/1.1
- Dimensions (L/W/D): 250x86x27 mm
- Weight: 420gr
- Warranty: 10 years
- Exposure limit calculation and display according to DIN/VDE 0848
- RF spectrum display
- Data Logger (64K), expandable to 1MB (Option 001)
- Real-time remote control via USB
- Simultaneously displays frequency and signal strength
- Large, high resolution multifunction LCD
- Vector (I/Q) measurement
- AM, FM demodulation
- DECT & TimeSlot analyzer
- Real-time Peak Power Detector (option)
- Hold function
- Switchable Pulse mode
- Included EMC directional antenna HyperLOG 7040
- Free MAC OS, Linux and Windows software
Aaronia’s portable RF handheld spectrum analyser range represents outstanding performance and price. The SPECTRAN series are a highly valuable tool for engineers performing EMC evaluation testing and testing for RF interference.
As well as being lower cost, the SPECTRAN RF units are much smaller, lower power and lighter than other RF spektrum analysers currently available. The low power consumption offers up to 9 hours of continuous operation from a charge which truly is a new record on portable analyzers.
The SPECTRANs offer RF service engineers a highly portable and cost effective tool that enables to carry a spectrum analyser to areas that have usually been not cost effective when using existing “portable” products and difficult or even impossible to access with bench top instruments offered by other manufacturers.
Our low cost and ultra portable handheld spectrum analyser ensure that site survey and RF testing can be performed on any site visit.
The SPECTRAN V3 series weighs less than 420gr and measures only 250 x 86 x 27 mm. The low weight and small dimensions make it a true handheld instrument, unlike other “portable” spectrum analysers which can be up to ten times the size and weight.
Based on a patented spectrum analyzer method Aaronia can offer a professional RF measurement at a spectacular price level.
Detect sources of interference, find out more about their causes, determine the frequency and intensity of the signal sources, measure limits and boost the functionality by using our high-end PC software.
Made in Germany:
All SPECTRANs are developed, individually produced and calibrated in Germany at the Aaronia factory. This guarantees highest standard so that Aaronia can offer every customer a full 10 year warranty for all SPECTRAN spectrum analyzer and EMC antennas.
Real-time Spectrum analyzer software (included for FREE):
All SPECTRAN units offer a USB interface with real-time remote control to your PC or MAC. The free analyzer software, which is available for MAC OS, Linux and Windows, transforms any SPECTRAN in a powerful measurement solution with great features (e.g. recording, multiple window display, histogram, waterfall diagram, unlimited number of markers, enhanced limits display etc.). Please have a look at the latest version of our software at our software development website.
The professional PC analysis software demonstrates SPECTRAN’s vast capabilities. This software can be used in addition to SPECTRAN and
offers an incredible amount of features. All this for FREE. Just download it from our homepage, and your PC turns into a real spectrum analyser with a huge display:
- MULTI-device capability! Remote control of several SPECTRAN units. These can be controlled and their data displayed at once on a single PC.
- HIGH-RESOLUTION!, freely scalable, coloured spectrum display with falloff function..
- Display of channel identifiers! for EXACT identification of providers. Channel numbers etc. freely programmable and extensible!
- Up to 10! markers with frequency and level display.
- Intuitive zoom control with very comfortable frequency adjustment.
- High quality “waterfall”-display with TIMECODE. Colour scale freely configurable. Size freely scalable. Optional display of data DIRECTLY
- ON TOP OF THE GRAPH by pointing with your mouse and CTRL-clikking!
- High-resoution SLOT ANALYSER with 3D display!
- SUPER-LOGGER: ALL data can be written to disk continuously. File format is readable by spreadsheet applications, for creating custom reports, etc.
- Freely positionable windows for comfortable entry of frequency, RBW, sweeptime etc. etc.
- Various pre-defined profiles for DECT, UMTS, GSM, WLan etc. etc. for instant recall. Incl. optimal parameters and extensive channel information! Freely programmable and extensible!
- Independant main display with SIMULTANEOUS display of dBm, dBμV, V/m, W/m2 and A/m, each with AUTORANGE. Freely transposable and scalable.
- SUPERB exposure limit display with various profiles (ICNIRP, Salzburg precautionary values, ECOLOG, etc. etc.). Freely programmable with a virtually infinite amount of display options.
- Functionality to update SPECTRAN measurement device firmwares.
- Freely programmable key assignments and labels for SPECTRAN measurement devices.
- Filemanager and COMPILER for creation and management of YOUR OWN PROGRAMS for SPECTRAN measurement devices.
- “Rename” option for renaming any of your SPECTRAN units (for example, including location) for better identification
All SPECTRAN units offer a powerful limits display. Just push the limits button at our Spectrum Analyzer and the high-performance Digital Signal Processor (DSP) of the SPECTRAN constantly calculates the limits and displays the results in real-time. Spectrum analyzers with this high-end feature usually cost thousands of Euro. Just save this costs by using Aaronia analyzers.
EMC antenna included:
The shipment of each SPECTRAN includes a free EMC directional antenna which covers a wide frequency range.
All SPECTRAN units can be equipped with various options which highly expand the functionality.
Included in delivery:
Each SPECTRAN will be shipped with many accessories in a high-value aluminum carrying case.
- RF Handheld Spectrum Analyser HF-4040
- HyperLOG 7040 EMC measurement antenna
- Pistol grip with mini tripod function
- 1m SMA cable
- SMA adapter (m/m)
- SMA tool
- SPECTRAN 1300mAh rechargeable battery (integrated)
- Battery charger and power supply incl. international adapter set
- Large aluminum carrying case with foam protection
- Detailed English manual (on CD)
- Analyzer software for MAC OS, Linux and Windows (on CD)